Friday, February 20, 2009

Spanking the Monkey on Valentines Day


Photos by Eric Orenstein

No. It's not what you think, I swear! I'm talking about Bitch Monkey, a notorious drop on the Fishladder section of Great Falls. On Valentines Day Bryan Kirk and I decided it was finally time to give this line a shot. This drop is rarely run. I've heard about Two instances of people being shoved off of it unintentionally while running the normal Fishladder line. The crash landings that occured hadn't made this drop seem very enticing to the local Falls boaters. I love this drop! It's probably the most technically demanding move on Great Falls, and you definitely don't want to screw up the landing, It's full of sharp rocks . From now on I plan on spanking the Bitch Monkey on a regular basis!

SYOTR

Jason

3 comments:

Vicki Capone said...

Nice to see that Class V paddlers have hero lines too. Always pushing... I like it.

kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Man, at first I thought this was about that crazy chimp in CT ;-) Great line and impressive to be pushing the challenges at GF!