Friday, February 6, 2009

Great Falls: Streamers for the first time


Today, Geoff Calhoun, Nathan Sass, and myself got out to the falls for a nice chill run down the falls. Me being a righty c-1 I decided to skip Grace today, and just run the ledges and the streamers. So we got down to the falls, I hopped out to walk around Grace and put in at the bottom, while the other two ran grace. Popped down the ledges and sat above the index finger waiting for Geoff to get out his camera. Overcoming the butterflies I managed to shove myself off the lip. It was definitely worth it!



After that I went up took video of Geoff and Sass runing the VA lines, then watched them run the MD lines as well. Geoff came back up for one last run and we came rolling down over the fingers and down around the bend to the take out. It was starting to get dark but we decided to go do a quick run of fishladder and hopped out just below the 4th slide. All in a days fun.
-
Here's some pictures from today, all taken by Ned Poffenberger






No comments: