Friday, March 26, 2010

New Year, New places to go.

Sorry it's been such a long time since the last post. I hope to begin posting every other week.

Since January 1st, I've been up to quite a lot. For the most part untill March I have been sort of taking a little bit of time boating. I tried to get out to Ski Liberty as much as I could this winter for some snowboarding.
During March I got back into boating and have been hitting a few creeks here and there, includeing a possible first D on Marl Creek down near charlottesville VA. My friend Dylan and I have also managed to catch the gorge on the Potomac at 12 feet or 200,000 cubic feet per second. At that level the island between the chutes is completly underwater and creates a MASSIVE hole over 200 feet wide. The water level in the gorge is probably about 50 feet up the cliff walls compared to regular summer levels.

Last weekend was NAWFest(north alabama whitewater festival) which was definitly one of the sickest events I go to all year. The Huckfest, one of the main events at NAWF was an amazing specticle. It was too bad however due to land issues, no spectators were alowed. Though I managed to get a ton of video and will try to post some of it soon. The waterfall huckfest consists of two evens. The main one being the huckfest itself which consists of everyone trying to throw the craziest trick off the 14 foot waterfall, the second being a boatercross down the waterfall around a rock and behind the curtain of the waterfall and touch a rock on the other side.
I managed to get 2nd in the c-1 boatercross, Probably would have gotten first if I hadn't forgotten to go behind the curtaino the waterfall.
The next event I did was the Freestyle competition. I barly got second scraped out by Dane Jackson by about 10 points for the first place spot in the c-1 catagory.
They had a ton of other events including a mountain bike race , which they had some absolotely sick courses set up, a slalom race, a pro wakeboarder competion, and a rock climbing competetion. There was tons of free swag geting thrown, launched, or tossed all over the place. Overall definitly one of the best events I've ever been to.

Today is the first day of Spring break so I will be running loads of creeks in this nect week. Will post hopefully by the end of the week again.

Will also try to get some pictures and video up sooner rather than later.




































Bye for now,
Jordan P

No comments: